Monday, June 06, 2005

Random Actions...and Pahalwan Dhaba!

Hmmm..not much to write today except for insipid babblings!!!
Well....My roommate, Arjun...calls me a lunatic...a mad person!!! Well, even on my slight disapproval he reasons...."reason your actions, buddy".
Yesterday night i was totally exhausted after a long day work at "Shopper's Choice" ...i'm working on a contract basis as their system analyst, and programmer. And then when i came back, my landlord's cutie-grand daughter Angel Dubey came to ask if i can teach her. How could i deny a sweet charming smiling face?
At night when i decided to retire to my bed, Arjun asked if i could teach him "MOSFET", "JFEET", and "Transistors"..he had certain confusions....so i carrie don with him. Then, as soon as i went to bed, then, gossshhh...electricity went out. It was so hot, infact, the summer in Delhi NCR is at its worst now-a-days. So, more than obvious i could not have slept with my Eccrine sudoriferous glands working vigourously...so in the dark, with not much to do....i started playing SNAKE II in my NOKIA 2280 CDMA set. But how long, could i go with it.
And all this while Arjun was dead with his dreams of delicious food.(Yup, he always dreams of food, he says....and i always of lots of gal with me among them on Miami.)
I took the jug full of water, and emptied on his face.
"Are you mad, Raj? what are you upto?"
"Not much sweetie! I just want you to accompany me for a walk."
"You gotta be mad! Its 2:30 in the morning!"
"So, So what. Get up or do you want yet another jug. And if you don't, i'm not gonna help you with 4-stroke compressors!"
"Is it meant to be a blackmail?"
"what else do you think?"
"huhhh......if i stay another month with you, my grey cells will stop working normally! come let's go...i gotta clear my 4-stroke engine"
and thus i took him(read forced him) for a 4-mile walk at 0230 hrs in the night!!!

___________________________________________________________________


Now something about foods!!! I miss you Mom, a lot! I miss the finger-licking taste created by you. Its all missing here. Sometimes, i miss you so much that i go without food.
Usually, i love practising my culinary skills. But of late, due to exams...i decided to postpone my practises. That's why, I'd rather go to some restaurant or bring some fruit.
4 days ago....i got late, studying..and when i went to the restaurant, it was closed for the rest it needed. And i was dead, hungry. So, I ambled along the road, to find some hunger destination. My flat is close to the Delhi-Hardwar-Nainital highway....so soon i found a weird looking dhaba with the name plate reading "Pahalwan Dhaba"..."Special Paranthe, alu gobhi, alu matar" etc. etc.
I thought its' better than dying to visit this dhaba..and i was not disappointed.
I decided to give parathas a try...i ordered a aloo-paratha . Pretty soon, my dish was served, unlike in Food Waves, restt. i used to go to which took minimum of 10-15 mins.
A man with a towel on his shoulder served me the dish, a big plate with a rather big paratha on it...with a big slice of butter, salad of cucumber, onion, mint etc.
with a slight diapproval on my head, and taste buds...i started eating it......and found it to be more than delicious. The Recipe was simply,superb and perfect!!! And it was served with a malai mar ke chai.well, one did help my stomache but not my taste buds,it craved for more.
And all this for Rs. 13. In Food Waves, it 'd have costed not less than 30 rs.
Accompanid with a prompt service, newspaper-cutting napkin, and the gesture....it was the best food joint i ever saw.
If anyone of you, ever pass by this highway...do not forget to give pahalwan dhaba a try. Its' near hapur chungi, in ghaziabad. Its simply superb!!!
No more visits of Food Waves, and now I miss you Mom, but a little less!!

1 comment:

  1. got culinary skills as well...niiicceee
    :P

    ReplyDelete